Made from just 5 ingredients, Nakd cocoa orange bars are super simple to make at home. Not only do they taste great, they are 100% vegan, gluten free, wheat free and dairy free and make a nutritious real food training snack to grab out of your pocket.
When making my own Nakd bars or balls I tend to use almonds instead of cashews because I think they have a more neutral taste, but it works just as well with cashews. They can be pressed or rolled into any shape you like.
- ¼ cup dates
- ¼ cup raw almonds/almond meal
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- Coursely ground peel of ½ orange
- 1-2 tsp boiling water (optional)*
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor/food chopper and blend until finely ground and blended.
- Split into 6 equal portions and press each portion into a cling-film lined ramekin (or similar) to make a circular shape.
- Wrap in cling film and store in an airtight container until consumed.
- *If the mixture isn't binding together, add 1-2 tsp of boiling water and blend together before separating into portions
Give it a shot, let me know what you think!
Not a fan of choc orange? Try my other Nakd bar recipes: