This is a quick and easy gluten free lime coconut cake to whip up the next time a GF friend or family member pops over for afternoon tea.
- 150g butter
- 150g sugar
- zest of 4-5 limes, juice separated into a bowl
- 130g coconut
- 130g rice flour
- 1tsp zanthan gum
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Pre-line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and combine with the lime zest and sugar in a big bowl.
- Add in the coconut, rice flour, zanthan gum, baking powder.
- Crack the eggs and mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour batter into the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until a golden crust forms and a skewer comes out clean from the centre.
- While the cake is baking, gently heat the lime juice and extra sugar together until dissolved.
- Prick the cake all over really well with a fork and gently spoon the lime juice mixture evenly across the surface ensuring that all corners are covered well.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.