I quite like Nakd energy bars. With only 5 ingredients used, they are so cheap and easy to make yourself there almost seems no need to buy them! I’ve found that using almonds instead of cashews gives a nicer flavour.
My latest version of the Nakd energy bars is a chocolate mint flavour. Seriously these are amazing! I’ve been making them quite regularly for the last few weeks, wrapping them up and taking them to work or eating them after dinner as a bit of a sweet treat. They are a bit like a healthier version of after dinner mints only made of 5 ingredients! Very moreish – you’ll be back for seconds I promise! They are super quick to mix up and being gluten, dairy and wheat free are suitable for anyone with coeliac disease or intolerances. I tend to shape mine by pressing them into a cling-film lined ramekin to get a consistent circular shape as it is difficult to get a nice even bar shape.
- ½ cup dried dates
- ½ cup almond meal (or almonds)
- 3 Tbsp sultanas
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ - 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 1-2 tsp boiling water (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a fine consistency and no lumps of dried fruit remain
- Pour in peppermint essence and mix well
- If the mixture is too dry, add ½ a tsp of boiling water at a time and blitz together
- Shape into balls/bars as desired and wrap in cling film
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
Hope you enjoy! These are so easy to make, let me know if you give them a try!