Sometimes you really REALLY want pizza. Nothing wrong with that! Here’s my no fail 20 minute pizza – perfect for when that craving hits.
Pizza tends to get a bad wrap. But there’s nothing wrong with a bit of pizza, particularly when you cook it yourself.
It can be a very nutritious meal and fantastic recovery fuel depending on what ingredients you choose to top it with. You get some carbs from the wrap and can absolutely load it with vege to get the micronutrient benefits and fibre without a salad in sight.
One of my go-to pizza hacks is to use a tortilla wrap, cover it in some tomato puree or pesto. The vege gets a bit roasted but still has plenty of bite. Why not give this a try next time the pizza cravings hit?
- Tortilla wrap or pre-cooked pizza base
- Tbsp tomato puree and/or basil pesto
- Zucchini / Courgette
- Capsicum / peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Sundried tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Dried herbs - oregano and basil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Spread wrap or pizza base with tomato puree and/or pesto
- Slice zucchini, capsicum and tomatoes and place on top of the base
- Chop feta cheese and place on top
- Sprinkle with dried herbs
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese has slightly melted and is golden on top