These veggie savoury muffins are a great post training snack. Quick and easy to whip up, they have plenty of protein, fibre and slow-releasing carbs to provide you with sustainable energy. Plus it’s a tasty way to add extra vege into your day.
Most people know they could do with eating more vegetables. Challenge is, it’s often easier said than done! For those who don’t find eating vegetables an easy thing to do, I often recommend ‘sneaking’ it into other foods to slowly build it up. Spaghetti sauce, omelettes and savoury muffins are a great way to add extra vege without really noticing it.
It doesn’t matter where you are on the spectrum of vegetable eating. Each increase is going to do your body and health a wealth of good.
I love these veggie savoury muffins as a snack during the day, or after a training session for a boost of carbs and protein.
- 1 cup oats, ground to a flour
- 250g tub fat free cottage cheese
- 2 courgette/zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 30g parmesan or strong cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Use a blender or food processor to grind the oats to a flour
- Grate the courgette and chop the onion
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl
- Spoon mixture evenly into silicon muffin cases
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes until risen and golden
Overwhelmed with how best to fuel your training sessions to lose weight or optimise your performance?