If you have coeliac disease and are about to travel through South America, it’s natural to be concerned about finding suitable gluten free foods and avoiding getting glutened. I’ve been collecting gluten free travel phrases from a variety of countries and languages to help anyone avoiding gluten while travelling South America.
The below links provide a variety of travel cards and phrases (for free) that you can download and/or print to keep on hand when eating out or trying to buy gluten free foods in South America. Some like the ones available from Coeliac UK also provide details about gluten free labelling, brands and useful organisations in each country.
- Argentinian gluten free restaurant card – Celiac Travel
- Argentina coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
- Brazilian gluten free restaurant card – Celiac Travel
- Portugese gluten free chef card – Special Gourmets
- Chile coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
- Mexican coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
Happy gluten free travels!