What do you do when you’ve got a bowl full of lemons, need some energy balls to take out on a bike ride and are fed up of chocolate? Make lemon drizzle bliss balls!
I think lemon drizzle cake is the bomb.
Fresh and juicy lemons, coconut, dates and almonds. That’s all you need. Four ingredients to make zesty bliss balls which taste just like a sticky piece of lemon drizzle cake. It takes an awful lot of will power to not eat the whole bowlful while you roll the mixture into balls. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 3 Tbsp coconut
- ½ cup dates, stones removed
- zest and juice of 1 fresh lemon
- In a food processor, process the almonds until they have a fine, bread crumb like consistency.
- Add the coconut, dates, lemon zest and lemon juice and blitz until the mixture is well combined.
- Roll into balls and try not to eat too much as you go.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.