With the weekend coming up and the sun still shining it continues to be perfect BBQ season. Snacking tends to be prolific at BBQs with chips and dips often on the menu – high in fat and calories. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make your own tortilla chips ready to go alongside some fresh hummus. Homemade snacks you can take to a BBQ that will not only taste better but be better for you.
Tortilla chips are easy to make and a great way to use up ones that are going stale – love food hate waste! Serve them with some homemade hummus for a great tasty snack.
- Tortilla wraps (wheat/corn/gluten-free as desired)
- Olive oil
- Seasoning (I used hot paprika
- Brush one side of the wrap with a small amount of olive oil
- Sprinkle desired seasoning over the top and cut wrap into pieces using a pizza cutter (or knife or scissors)
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a hot oven (180 degrees celcius) for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and eat!
- Store in an airtight container