I often trial new creations and recipes I’m working out on my work colleagues. These homemade Nakd gingerbread bars were one such recipe. I got the tick approval from a work mate then when I went to post it up realised that I’d lost the scrap of paper I’d written the ingredients down on. Fail! It’s taken a while to get around to retesting this again but I think I’ve cracked it here.
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ⅔ cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- ½ tsp dried cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1-2 tsp boiling water
- Grind the nuts in a food processor until they are finely broken down.
- Take out and mix in the cinnamon and ginger powder.
- Blitz the dates in the food processor until it is a paste consistency - add 1-2 tsp of boiling water if necessary to moisten.
- Combine the nuts and dates in the food processor until well mixed.
- Separate into 8 portions, line a ramekin with cling film and press a portion inside to make a circular shape.
- Repeat for the remaining portions.
- Keep refrigerated.
Like other Nakd bar flavours? Try my other recipes out: