For Coeliac Awareness Week 2014 in the UK, I’ve decided to share my favourite gluten free blogs along with a couple of their best posts. I’ve already posted the UK-based blogs I enjoy and now it’s time for gluten free blogs from the USA. As a dietitian who has multiple family members with coeliac disease, I’ve always been interested in gluten free baking, trying out different recipes and experimenting with gluten free flours. These blogs are a great source of inspiration and advice that can really help people with coeliac disease on their gluten free journey.
Since being diagnosed with allergies that meant she needed to avoid gluten, eggs and dairy, Cara has shared a wealth of tasty gluten free recipes on her website. She believes that allergy-free eating doesn’t have to be boring, taste bland or result in you feeling left out. Blog, Twitter, Facebook
Nicole’s son has coeliac disease and together their whole family eat gluten free foods. Her blog is full of recipes and tips to help show you that it doesn’t always have to be expensive eating gluten free and how to get the best out of your recipes. Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- All purpose gluten-free flours recipes
- Top 10 secrets to baking the best gluten free bread
- Do you make these 7 gluten free baking mistakes?
Shauna (Gluten Free Girl) is one of many people who had to fight and convince the medical system in order to get a diagnosis of coeliac disease. Her blog is the result of being able to enjoy eating again, explore new foods and live life to the full. Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- A guide to gluten free baking
- New to gluten free
- How to make a gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Healthy gluten free
- Celiac is no laughing matter
It’s pretty safe to say that Avril (Gluten is my bitch) hates gluten – her email address says so! With a quirky sense of humour and easy to read posts, her blog covers everything from gluten free recipes, travel, shopping, to holidays and parties. Blog, Facebook, Twitter
- Can we talk about cross contamination
- Problem #589 with the gluten free diet
- The gluten free dining lesson I was too dumb to learn the first time
- Do’s and don’ts of gluten free travel
The Gluten Dude is a great gluten free community full of advice, support, rants, eating out, and any sort of question that you could possibly think about coeliac disease and being gluten free. Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Celiac disease symptoms (from those living with the disease): An infographic
- You’re not a crazy mom, your child has celiac disease
- Just eat gluten you’ll be fine. Just say NO!
- Dear world, here is why I eat gluten free
Other Gluten free blogs from the USA to check out:
Looking for gluten free blogs from other countries?
Do you have other favourite blogs in the USA that aren’t on this list?