As a Registered Dietitian in the UK and Accredited Practising Dietitian in Australia I value complete transparency and ethics in nutrition writing. I am a founding member of RDs4DisclosureUK and have pledged to blog with integrity. As such I am bound to an ethical code of conduct and will not provide false or misleading information.
I work full-time as a Registered Dietitian and this website is my hobby and passion. All information found on this site and referred to in social media is independent and 100% my own opinion. I will always disclose if I have a professional or financial relationship that could appear to influence the content of a blog post. These disclosures will appear at the end of each relevant post. In particular:
- Book Reviews. All book reviews on this website are 100% my own opinion. I will always state whether I purchased it myself, received a copy for free to review or borrowed from a friend or library.
- Product Reviews. All product reviews on this website are 100% my own opinion. I will always state whether I purchased it myself, received the product for free to review or received any form of compensation. I would never recommend a product that does not align with my personal and professional beliefs and nutrition philosophy.
- Restaurant Reviews. All restaurant, cafe and bar reviews are my own opinion and are not influenced by any factor. I will always state whether I have purchased a meal, received it free of charge or for a reduced cost.
- Giveaways. Any competitions/giveaways held on this site are held as a way to interact with readers and provide opportunities to try new products. I do not promote products used within giveaways more than others that are not and will always disclose whether it has been provided free or charge or whether I have purchased the giveaway with my own money. I am very selective about products which I give away and they will always be aligned with my personal and professional beliefs and nutrition philosophy. All giveaways are carried out through Rafflecopter where winners are picked at random using the widget itself.
- Affiliate Links – Purchases made by clicking on affiliate links within posts may result in myself receiving a small commission at no cost to yourself. This helps contribute towards purchase of ingredients for recipe development and the maintenance of this site.
- Promo codes – Promo codes to reduce the price of a product are provided to benefit readers.
Occasionally I am sent samples of products to review. If I like the product, feel it fits within my nutrition philosophy and will be of benefit to my readers, I will write a review on it. If I do not like a product, I will not review it and will inform the company sending the product my reasons for not reviewing it. Reviews typically include a nutritional assessment based upon my professional knowledge and experience, personal taste, packaging and convenience and may include a score out of 10. To enable the content on this site to remain free, affiliate links may be present within posts which will not cost you anything.
The information and advice provided on this website is of a general nature and should never replace individual health advice provided your healthcare professional team.
Nutrition is an everchanging scientific field that is constantly being updated. Archived posts may not always contain the latest and greatest recommendations or information, despite all efforts to update them. Individual nutrition advice should always be obtained from a qualified dietitian.
I currently work for Vitaflo International UK, as Senior R&D Dietitian. The views and opinions expressed on this site are solely mine and should not be interpreted as reflecting the views, opinions or policies of my employer.
This Disclosure policy is correct as of January 2017.