If you have coeliac disease and are about to travel through Africa, it’s natural to be concerned about finding suitable gluten free foods and avoiding getting glutened. I’ve been collecting gluten free travel phrases from a variety of countries and languages to help anyone avoiding gluten while travelling Africa.
The below links provide a variety of travel cards and phrases (for free) that you can download and/or print to keep on hand when eating out or trying to buy gluten free foods in Africa. Some like the ones available from Coeliac UK also provide details about gluten free labelling, brands and useful organisations in each country.
- Egypt coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
- Amharic gluten free restaurant travel card – Celiac Travel
- Saudia Arabia coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
- South Africa coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
- Swahili gluten free restaurant travel card – Celiac Travel
- Uganda coeliac travel guide – Coeliac UK
United Arab Emirates
- Arabic gluten free restaurant travel card – Celiac Travel
- Arabic gluten allergy translation card – Brokerfish
Happy gluten free travels!